In 2004 a small group of people with diverse background and work experience got together, united by the belief that we can develop a sustainable economy strengthening the ecosystem services delivery that works for the people and the earth that we live in. With this belief and drive Leadership for Environment and Development Nepal (LEAD Nepal) a non-profit organization was registered with the government of Nepal in 2004 (Registration#: 334/061/62; PAN #: 302893166; Affiliated in the Social Welfare Council Affiliation #: 26846)
A just world with sustainable economic growth harmonizing the capacity of the earth’s ecosystem services and contributing to organic products for food security, nutrition, health and enhance livelihood by 25%.
- Dedicate to improve the quality of life in a way that protects and restore earth’s environment and its services so as to provide the needs and aspiration of current and future generations
- Protect, promote and reinforce the ecosystems for incessant delivery of its services in terms of organic agriculture, agro-forestry, watershed management, animal husbandry, renewable energy, deforestation, and biodiversity;
- Reduce carbon footprints by addressing rural and urban consumption pattern focusing in resource efficiency and reducing holistic waste;
- Mainstream women, children, elderly and indigenous groups during the planning, designing and implementing phase of the projects through all levels;
- Obtain social justice and green economic growth.
LEAD Nepal to support its mission depends on the ability of its staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct. We are personally and collectively responsible for maintaining the standards listed below:
- Inclusive and nonpartisan approach in all stages of the programme including staffing;
- Work in partnership with government, NGO’s, business houses, farmers, forest users groups, rural & urban community based organizations, academicians and the international communities with respect and dignity;
- Strive to apply donor’s funds to the highest standards of accountability;
- Create environmental solutions that make a lasting difference;
- Innovative approach when designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools;
- Embrace ambitious environmental goals while taking into account real world dynamics;
- Devote to Impact Investment by reflecting the ecosystem services provided are equitably spread to all social growth